Monday, March 30, 2009

Update

I am still here, except that "here" is in Idaho on "vacation". I say it like that because I am traveling with my two kids (ages four and really, really close-to-two). My husband, smarty that he is, stayed home this time. The kids and I are spending some close, quality time with family and realizing that deep, down inside we are all home-bodies. We like our rocket sheets and having stories read to us by Daddy. We like our Coffeemate and friends only a phone call away.

Okay, maybe it's just me.

We will be traveling back tomorrow, so it will be a day or two before I am back online. In the meantime, tell me what you think about:

*Love
*Respect
*Trust

How do they relate? How have you been affected by one or all? Are these earned or given?

Think about it.

1 comment:

ambersun said...

Hi again

Well, let's see.

Love - there are many different types of love. Romantic love which is nice but, I think, a bit overrated in our culture. Family love - difficult for me. The love of friends. Friends are great because they choose to love you so you feel great about that. And, finally, there is spiritual love which is unconditional and can not be broken or taken away.

Respect - Everyone deserves basic respect just for being human. I don't think basic respect needs to be earned. I don't believe that, if someone behaves badly, you should not respect them. Rather I think that you should not stoop to their level and show them respect.

Apart from this we can respect, as in hold in high esteem, people who have set a good example for us.

Trust - Unlike respect trust has to be earned. There are varying levels of trust - for example we would normally trust our partner more than a friend and a friend more than an aquaintance. If trust is broken it has to be 're-earned' and 'forgiven'. I think both are necessary.

Have fun for the rest of your holidays.

Amber